- Madeleine Leininger is considered as the founder of the theory of transcultural nursing.
- Her theory has now developed as a discipline in nursing.
- Evolution of her theory can be understood from her books:
- Culture Care Diversity and Universality (1991)
- Transcultural Nursing (1995)
- Transcultural Nursing (2002)
- Transcultural nursing theory is also known as Culture Care theory.
- Theoretical framework is depicted in her model called the Sunrise Model (1997).
Image Courtesy: http://www.workingnurse.com
ABOUT THE THEORIST
- One of the first nursing theorist and transcultural global nursing consultant.
- MSN – Catholic University in Washington DC.
- PhD in anthropology – University of Washington.
- She developed the concept of transcultural nursing and the ethnonursing research model.
- For more details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_Leininger